Our nation’s modern economy is built on access to credit. A majority of states still do not clearly protect lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, or LGBT, people from discrimination in credit or financial services. Unfortunately, one study showed that if a credit applicant had a same-sex partner on their paperwork, they were more likely to be denied than applicants with different-sex partners. In this week’s whiteboard video, YouTube celebrity Hartbeat explains why all Americans deserve the same protections from discrimination when applying for and accessing credit.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Recent Immigration News
- Looking for a Kansas City Immigration Attorney to Handle Your U.S. Work Visa Application?
- DEFERRED ACTION FOR CHILDHOOD ARRIVALS (DACA) F.A.Q.
- Do You Need a Highly Recommended Kansas City Attorney to Handle Your U.S. Citizenship Application?
- Re-Registration Period Opens for Syrians with Temporary Protected Status
- Supreme Court Finds No Right to a Bond Hearing Under Immigration Law