Our nation’s modern economy is built on access to credit. A majority of states still do not clearly protect lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, or LGBT, people from discrimination in credit or financial services. Unfortunately, one study showed that if a credit applicant had a same-sex partner on their paperwork, they were more likely to be denied than applicants with different-sex partners. In this week’s whiteboard video, YouTube celebrity Hartbeat explains why all Americans deserve the same protections from discrimination when applying for and accessing credit.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Recent Immigration News
- USCIS Changing Policy on Accrued Unlawful Presence by Nonimmigrant Students and Exchange Visitors
- Week in Immigration: TPS Will End for Nearly 60,000 Hondurans
- Immigration weekly news round-up
- USCIS Will Temporarily Suspend Premium Processing for Fiscal Year 2019 H-1B Cap Petitions
- Looking for a Kansas City Immigration Attorney to Handle Your U.S. Work Visa Application?