Today, we at the Immigrant Legal Resource Center released Money on the Table – the Economic Costs of Ending DACA. President-elect Trump has threatened to end the successful Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program at tremendous cost to the American economy. Many thanks to the Center for American Progress, Professor Tom K. Wong, and FWD.us for their support.
This report finds that ending could:
- reduce tax contributions to Social Security and Medicare by $24.6 billion over a decade;
- incur unnecessary turnover costs to employers at the tune of $3.4 billion; and
- lead to the immediate job loss of over 645,000 DACA beneficiaries.We need your help to save DACA. Take ACTION by:
- Reading and sharing the report with your friends and colleagues: https://www.ilrc.o rg/report-daca-economic-cost
- Share the above image of the report’s findings on Facebook and Twitter (also attached)
- Tweet in support of #DACA (samples below | retweets: https://twitter.com/ ILRC_SF):Did you know ending #DACA would lower SocialSecurity & Medicare contributions by $24.6B over 10 yrs? #WithDACA bit.ly/2gwrKs9Did you know ending #DACA would cause employers and businesses to incur turnover costs of $3.4 billion? #WithDACA bit.ly/2gwrKs9New Report: Trump ending #DACA would reduce tax contributions by $24.6B and create $3.4B in turnover costs #WithDACA bit.ly/2gwrKs9Trump’s threat to end #DACA would cost our economy billions & is simply bad for American business. Report: bit.ly/2gwrKs9 #WithDACANearly 750K individuals have #DACA; they’ve gotten jobs & strengthened the economy. Now thats all at risk: bit.ly/2gwrKs9 #WithDACA